6×6 Art Community
- LOCATION: 1401 S. Bloodworth St. Raleigh, NC 27610
- TIME: 10 am to 12:15 pm
- UPCOMING DATE: March 24, 2020
- REGISTER HERE!
- MAX. amount of students 10, MINIMUM 6
- REQUIREMENTS: All levels are welcomed! Basic knowledge of painting is recommended.
- MEDIUM:Acrylics and oils are welcome (no solvents or mediums allowed, use walnut oil if needed 😉 Exercise will be explained in acrylics.)
I created 6×6 after a wonderful group of artists working on becoming daily painters (from our Happy Habit class) requested a way to stay in touch, motivated, in painting shape, and inside a daily painters (or most day painters) tribe! We artists know how lonely the life of an artist can be. In our studios (and our heads!) all the time! Thinking, solving, seeing, creating, and knowing how much we need connection with other thinkers and creators to feel supported (and understood!). We need to build a community of like minded people!
Come to 6×6 to connect with your peers and stay for up to 2 hours of painting! i will guide you to finish at least 2 paintings during each 6×6 session. Feel free to work on any other painting project if you prefer. i suggest painting on 6×6″ panels as most daily painters do! It is a format that allows daily painters to start and finish a painting in one day.
This will also be a place to share information about opportunities for painters, exhibitions, lectures and anything that can keep us motivated to paint daily.
Bring your own supplies. SUGGESTED SUPPLIES ON THE REGISTRATION PAGE.
The Happy Habit of Painting Everyday
- LOCATION: My home Studio in Apex, NC
- DATES: January – February 2020
- TIME: 10am to 12pm | STUDENTS: max. 3
- REGISTER HERE for Tuesdays \ full with waitlist
- REGISTER HERE for Saturdays \ full with waitlist
- Please send me an e-mail to add you to the waitlist or notify you next time a class is scheduled. Write on the Subject The Happy Habit.
- REQUIREMENTS: Previous knowledge of painting. This is a class focused on habit formation, not on painting technique. It is not for beginner painters.
- MEDIUM: Acrylics
Why this class? If you are here, you probably know!
I created this class because I struggled with finding time to paint! To make it a priority. And I well knew that the more you paint the better you become at painting. It is very easy to say! I knew the theory, but how to put it into practice when you have so much to do every day?
I surrounded myself with successful artists that paint daily, followed their blogs, brought them to town, coordinated their workshops, took their workshops, many times!, and joined painting challenges on Facebook, where you paint one painting a day for 5 days and post them. All wonderful tools! But, after the workshops and the challenges, everything went back to where It was: finding it hard to make time to paint. (And I wasn’t the only one! After almost 10 years coordinating painting workshops I heard the same struggle from many workshop students.)
In 2018 I finally did it! I painted most days. How did I do it? I did some serious research on habit formation and also a fantastic opportunity showed up. I’ll share all I learned with you during the time we spend together. I’ll guide you on how to create your happy habit of painting, yes yours! We are all different and have different needs, routines and activities, but we all can create a habit if we really want to, have the right tools, the right motivation and feel accountable. This class will give you all that! You just bring the “really wanting to” part 😉
THIS CLASS WILL OFFER YOU:
- The 4 elements of habit formation applied to painting
- Accountability: every week you’ll have homework and I’ll be following your weekly work and giving you feedback
- The right Motivation and practical ideas
- Fun painting exercises that will help you create the habit of painting frequently.
- Weekly painting time together (you will start and finish a painting when we meet)
- A mini tribe of like minded people with the common goal of creating the happy habit of painting. This tribe will grow!
- And of course, coffee or tea! (part of the motivation 😉)
The Happy Habit of Painting Everyday
- LOCATIONS & DATES:
- Gallery Citrine, Wilmington, NC | November 4 and 5, 2019
- Craving Art Studio, Beaufort, NC | April 4 and 5, 2020
- TIME: 9:30 am TO 4:30 pm | STUDENTS: Max.12
- REQUIREMENTS: Previous knowledge of painting. Not for beginner painters.
- MEDIUM: Acrylics. Oil painters are welcome! (need to know how to paint alla prima: wet on wet)
This 2-day workshop in Wilmington, NC is the intensive version (with all the info and exercises) of the month long class Mónica Linares teaches at her studio. So come ready to learn and work hard…while having fun!
Why this workshop? If you are here, you probably know!
Mónica created this class because she struggled with finding time to paint, to make it a priority. And she well knew that the more you paint the better you get. It is very easy to say! She knew the theory, but how to put it into practice when you have so much to do every day?
In 2018 she finally did it! She painted most days (and still do!). How did she do it?
I did some serious research on habit formation and also a fantastic opportunity showed up. I’ll share all I learned with you during the time we spend together. I’ll guide you to find your happy habit of painting, yes yours! We are all different and have different needs, routines and activities, but we all can create a habit if we really want to, have the right tools and the right motivation. This class will give you all that, you just have to bring the “really wanting to” part 😉
THIS WORKSHOP WILL OFFER YOU:
- The 4 pillars needed to form the habit of daily (or most days) painting.
- The right motivation, practical ideas and how some master painters do it.
- Painting exercises that’ll help you create the habit of showing up at your easel most days.
- A tribe of like minded people with the common goal of creating this happy